The Student Room Group

Re-applying for post grad funding and compelling reasons

Hi, might be a bit of a long one..
I was studying in 2017 for a post grad course but had to leave because of compelling personal reasons (medical). I was in such a mess at the time that i emailed the tutor to say i was withdrawing and they just tried to console me instead of telling me of the formal withdrawal route. I've come back to study another course in 2023 and found that I wasn't formally withdrawn from the course in 2017. I've now been formally withdrawn and submitted the proofs i had to the uni and to SFE. The final proof that SFE require is a letter from my previous tutor confirming i had told them about my circumstances at the time. I no longer have access to the email i was using, the tutor has left and i cant remember their name and the university arent being co-operative. I have given a doctors letter but SFE have emailed me again (seems auto genetated) to ask for a letter from the tutor - what do i do now?
Original post by Sahmad15
Hi, might be a bit of a long one..
I was studying in 2017 for a post grad course but had to leave because of compelling personal reasons (medical). I was in such a mess at the time that i emailed the tutor to say i was withdrawing and they just tried to console me instead of telling me of the formal withdrawal route. I've come back to study another course in 2023 and found that I wasn't formally withdrawn from the course in 2017. I've now been formally withdrawn and submitted the proofs i had to the uni and to SFE. The final proof that SFE require is a letter from my previous tutor confirming i had told them about my circumstances at the time. I no longer have access to the email i was using, the tutor has left and i cant remember their name and the university arent being co-operative. I have given a doctors letter but SFE have emailed me again (seems auto genetated) to ask for a letter from the tutor - what do i do now?

Hi there,

If you don't have the evidence being requested then please upload a cover letter stating the reasons why. This will be reviewed accordingly. Any further questions (for account access purpose) then please contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending