The Student Room Group

Partners income withheld

Hi, what can be done regarding applying for Student Finance (England) if husband refuses to disclose their income?
Cheers
(edited 3 months ago)
Hi there. If you are over 25 and living with a partner, we use the household income to assess for the higher rate of Maintenance Loan. If your sponsor does not want to give their income, then you would be awarded the basic rate of Maintenance Loan only. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. If you are over 25 and living with a partner, we use the household income to assess for the higher rate of Maintenance Loan. If your sponsor does not want to give their income, then you would be awarded the basic rate of Maintenance Loan only. Thanks, Leah.

Thank you Leah,
Although it seems unfair if someone is in an abusive relationship which involves financial cohesive control.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Sadie RJ
Thank you Leah,
Although it seems unfair if someone is in an abusive relationship which involves financial cohesive control.

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You would need to be separated in order for us not to use the income. With the current regulation's, we would require evidence of this. You may be best speaking with the university regarding your situation and see if they can offer support.

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You would need to be separated in order for us not to use the income. With the current regulation's, we would require evidence of this. You may be best speaking with the university regarding your situation and see if they can offer support.

Thanks, Leah.

Hi Leah, just to clarify I was enquiring for information not based on my personal circumstances. But I have passed this information on.
Regards
Sadie
Original post by Sadie RJ
Hi Leah, just to clarify I was enquiring for information not based on my personal circumstances. But I have passed this information on.
Regards
Sadie

Hi Sadie,

No problem, if you have any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending