The Student Room Group

Benefits and student maintenance

Hi Everyone,

So I'm planning on starting uni this year, but I dont have any fixed abode. Essentially I would need to use my mums address for my student finance application and university as a "care of" and I'm wondering if it would affect her universal credit AND if I can even mark something as a correspondence/care of address without a home address.

I'm really stressed about it as I think I might just not be able to go to uni because of this, and I dont want her to get in trouble because people think i live there when I dont - I just dont have another address I can use. I had to write a letter to UC for her last year stating that it was a care of address because I was working at the time and her money stopped pending the letter from me
Hi there. We don't deal with Universal Credit here, so if you have any questions for them regarding this you would need to speak with them directly.

You can put down your mothers address in the meantime, then once you have your own residence you can update this with us on the application. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending