The Student Room Group

do girls go out with guys one on one......

If they are not interested in the guy.
I have gone out with this girl a couple of times.

When I have asked girls out, they would say as friends, or they would ask who else is going.
Reply 1
Original post by freedom

When I have asked girls out, they would say as friends, or they would ask who else is going.

Reword this it doesn't make sense... It's not clear what you're asking/trying to say
Reply 2
Original post by Ebony19
Reword this it doesn't make sense... It's not clear what you're asking/trying to say

okay, what I am asking is.

I asked a girl out, to go for drinks then dinner.

Do girls go out with guys one on one if they only saw that guy as a friend.
Original post by freedom

well go along and find out.
Reply 4
Original post by freedom

they can do yes, I have done
i think there are plenty of girls who may possibly (depends how obvious you are) take being invited out as just a hanging-out-with-friends thing. i guess just straight up ask if they want to go out with you on a date, to avoid ambiguity. hope thats what you meant?
If a guy asked me to go out for a drink and dinner I would think he was interested...

Obviously if I like him, yes. If not, I'll ask who else is going or whatever :tongue:

But I know a guy and a girl who do things together and they're just friends:smile:
Original post by freedom

Then you just say 'Just you and me' or '...apart from me? you. ' duh. obviously they're gonna ask to make sure/see if it's a date or not.
You kinda have to specify, girls want it out and clear. If you ask one out and she says 'who else it's going# she's either not interested, checking you want it to be a date or just a little bit dumb.
If you're close then whats the problem? I always meet up with one of my friends every few weeks and we'll go out for dinner or a few drinks or something, she's got a long term boyfriend and i'm not interested. It's the only chance we get to see each other.
Reply 9
Original post by Mrs House
If a guy asked me to go out for a drink and dinner I would think he was interested...

Obviously if I like him, yes. If not, I'll ask who else is going or whatever :tongue:

But I know a guy and a girl who do things together and they're just friends:smile:

Original post by Ebony19
they can do yes, I have done

Next time I want to make it clear it's not as friends.
We have been out a couple of times. But I won each other long.

So should I say next time, we are not going as friends?
Original post by freedom
Next time I want to make it clear it's not as friends.
We have been out a couple of times. But I won each other long.

So should I say next time, we are not going as friends?
So you want it to be more of a date yeah? Maybe don't say it quite so forcefully, maybe express your feelings rather than saying "we are not going out as friends"
Reply 11
Original post by Ebony19
So you want it to be more of a date yeah? Maybe don't say it quite so forcefully, maybe express your feelings rather than saying "we are not going out as friends"

could you give an example on what I should do.
Reply 12
Original post by wildberries
Then you just say 'Just you and me' or '...apart from me? you. ' duh. obviously they're gonna ask to make sure/see if it's a date or not.
You kinda have to specify, girls want it out and clear. If you ask one out and she says 'who else it's going# she's either not interested, checking you want it to be a date or just a little bit dumb.

Well every time I have asked her out - I just put, " do you want to go (insert any activity)
She just says yes, she does not ask if it is a date, or if anyone else is going.
Reply 13
I don't think it really matters whether you clarified if it was a date or not. When she's there, flirt with her a bit and build a physical connection. It will become quite clear whether she's interested.
It depends.

I've gone out for dinner and drinks with guys who were just friends, but these are guys I've known for ages and they know that I've got a boyfriend so it's obvious that it's not a date.

If you're unsure, then you could always ask? Or refer to it in passing as a date and see if she reacts/objects.
Original post by freedom
could you give an example on what I should do.

It's been really great hanging out with you (as friends), how about we go on a date and see where things go?

Something like that would be ok I think :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending