The Student Room Group

Changing Application

Hi,

I'm a continuing (going into 2nd year) student. My application for the upcoming year was automatically generated and at the time I signed the letter that was sent to me and returned it.

However I'm now aware that my household income has changed significantly and I could be entitled to more. How would I go about getting household income considered now that I've returned that initial automatic form, if possible?

Thanks
Original post by Mattematics
Hi,

I'm a continuing (going into 2nd year) student. My application for the upcoming year was automatically generated and at the time I signed the letter that was sent to me and returned it.

However I'm now aware that my household income has changed significantly and I could be entitled to more. How would I go about getting household income considered now that I've returned that initial automatic form, if possible?

Thanks

You need to have already had your household income assessed for 15/16 tax year - you then send off the CYI form if your household income is likely to be 15% lower in 17/18 with estimated income for that tax year. It's better to err on the higher side for any estimates to aviod getting overpaid (SFE will take any overpayments back in your final instalment so some students end up with very little loan to get them through the summer if they underestimate their household income).

Forms for the initial assessment and the CYI form are available here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/uk-full-time/income-details/year-1718
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You need to have already had your household income assessed for 15/16 tax year - you then send off the CYI form if your household income is likely to be 15% lower in 17/18 with estimated income for that tax year. It's better to err on the higher side for any estimates to aviod getting overpaid (SFE will take any overpayments back in your final instalment so some students end up with very little loan to get them through the summer if they underestimate their household income).

Forms for the initial assessment and the CYI form are available here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/uk-full-time/income-details/year-1718

Ok, thanks. Since my household income for this year hasn't been assessed (they just created an application for me using the same information as 15/16), do I just need to send in the assessment form and then the CYI and it'll be sorted from there, or do I need to tell them I want to change my application before sending any forms? Thanks again!
Ok, thanks. Since my household income for this year hasn't been assessed (they just created an application for me using the same information as 15/16), do I just need to send in the assessment form and then the CYI and it'll be sorted from there, or do I need to tell them I want to change my application before sending any forms? Thanks again!

You need to work through in the order they're expecting. Send through the PFFI (or whatever the first form on the page I linked to is called) with 15/16 tax year income information. Once that's processed send through the CYI form and they'll reassess.

Hi Mattematics,

As PQ says you would need to submit the PFF2 from the link provided to establish what the 2015/16 tax year income was and then the assessors could use the CYI form to look at any drop.

There might be another form you'd need as well. If your application was non-means tested previously you would need to submit a form to request that we means test your 2017/18 application. The 'Include Household Income' form is available here. It's the first link you see on the page

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending