The Student Room Group

Compelling personal reason having a baby

Has anyone has the same experience as me or similar I completed foundation course in chosen course and half way through I fell pregnant .. in the September I started my degree in which my due date was 31/10/2015 I went to uni week before my due date but he came 09/11/15. Anyway my plan was to go back to uni after Christmas holidays I returned for about a week but I couldn't cope being a single mum , didn't want to put him in day care as I thought he was to young and needed his mum and relying on family members which work and most are elderly was to much! so I decided to leave the course and return back to uni when he was older . I have got accepted to go back to study in September but received a letter saying they won't fund me for 1 year. But I can appeal with compelling personal reason I have got hold of my old tutor whom said she will write a letter as evidence .. I was thinking about also getting a letter from my sons health visitor as she's seen him grown up and how I'm a single mum and it's difficult etc ? Thanks :smile:
Hi 3daniXxo

When applying for compelling person reasons what we need from you is a signed and date letter explaining the reason why you couldn't continue your studies and when it took place. Along with that you can certainly send a letter from your tutor and also a letter from the health visitor explaining the circumstances and again when it took place.

Thanks Miriam.
Reply 2
Original post by Miriam SFE
Hi 3daniXxo

When applying for compelling person reasons what we need from you is a signed and date letter explaining the reason why you couldn't continue your studies and when it took place. Along with that you can certainly send a letter from your tutor and also a letter from the health visitor explaining the circumstances and again when it took place.

Thanks Miriam.

I would of got a doctors note but the doctor only really sees me when the baby is poorly . The health visitor has been more Invovled in both of out lives since he's been born so I would of thought a letter off her would be better ! Thanks for the reply :smile: I start on the 18th of this month and I'm still waiting for letter from old tutor will I still be able to start my course ? Until I get a reply if my compelling personal reason ha seven accepted or not ?
Hi 3daniXxo

That's fine if you send the letter from the health visitor we can certainly get that assessed. In regards to starting your course you will need to speak to the university and just explain what's happening with your application and the status.

Thanks Miriam.
Reply 4
Would a letter from hmrc (child tax credits )any good? Saying how I'm a single parent etc I'm sure student finance knows how hard it can be being a single mum !
Reply 5
Original post by Miriam SFE
Hi 3daniXxo

That's fine if you send the letter from the health visitor we can certainly get that assessed. In regards to starting your course you will need to speak to the university and just explain what's happening with your application and the status.

Thanks Miriam.

Would letter from child tax credits also be ok? My award notice from the year I dropped out (that's evidence I had a baby and a single mum) I'm trying to gather everything I can :smile:
Hi 3daniXxo

The Child Tax Credit Award Notice is fine for childcare evidence to show that the child is financial dependent on you.

However the award notice can't be used as martial status evidence.

Thanks Miriam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending