The Student Room Group

Can I get CPR twice?

Hello!

I’m stuck in a rut, today I was offered a place to study Adult Nursing (my dream) from Kingston Uni, the only issue is I have 2 years of funding left.

I applied for CPR last year and was granted, but it was a decision made when not entirely in my right mind to attend the course I chose. I don’t want to disclose my illness but it features making choices in a split second with no idea of consequences when unmedicayed.

I was granted CPR for the year 2015/2016 - I studied a Health and Social Care degree (again with health professions, I was hoping to transfer to the unis nursing course in what would be my second year!) as during this time I was hospitalised for 4 days at a time - 4 separate times for suicide attempts. I was then admitted to a mental health ward for 2 weeks to evaluate me; and then my Grandfather died very unexpectedly at age 56 and I lived with him.

From 2016/2017 I would consider my ‘recovery year’ - I was still not in my right mind but placed on anti depressants which react very badly with me as my condition wasn’t really written down. I couldn’t give my all due to my mental health and I was still reeling from the pain and breakdown of the previous year - someone should have stopped me from going but no one was really fit to make any decisions back then.

2017/2018 is what I’m looking to claim CPR for. I was still on this incorrect medication and far away from home, it began to really take a toll on my mind and resulted in such severe paranoia that I would get stabbed the second I left my flat that I secluded myself entirely, drew out maps of safest routes and thought up every plan to not get stabbed. I was depressed, losing weight rapidly and refusing to take the wrong medication any longer until my family stepped in and brought me home. I had a meeting with the mental health nurse in May, and was immediately sent to the consultant. I was absolutely unable to complete that year due to such poor mental health. I can get a doctors note confirming that I was unwell,
Visited mental health practitioners and was put on Haloperidol (anti psychotic) around the end of the year.

I am now on the correct medication and it’s like I can see through this horrible dog that’s plagued me for years; I remember what it was like to function now - and to make real andninformed decisions!

Due to the fact I have had to claim CPR once , will it affect my claim or lower my chances on getting the extra year? After so long of suffering I don’t want to watch my life go down the drain and give up on the real dream I’ve had that’s been hidden behind lack of capacity! (Imho)
Original post by rhiamoon
Hello!

I’m stuck in a rut, today I was offered a place to study Adult Nursing (my dream) from Kingston Uni, the only issue is I have 2 years of funding left.

I applied for CPR last year and was granted, but it was a decision made when not entirely in my right mind to attend the course I chose. I don’t want to disclose my illness but it features making choices in a split second with no idea of consequences when unmedicayed.

I was granted CPR for the year 2015/2016 - I studied a Health and Social Care degree (again with health professions, I was hoping to transfer to the unis nursing course in what would be my second year!) as during this time I was hospitalised for 4 days at a time - 4 separate times for suicide attempts. I was then admitted to a mental health ward for 2 weeks to evaluate me; and then my Grandfather died very unexpectedly at age 56 and I lived with him.

From 2016/2017 I would consider my ‘recovery year’ - I was still not in my right mind but placed on anti depressants which react very badly with me as my condition wasn’t really written down. I couldn’t give my all due to my mental health and I was still reeling from the pain and breakdown of the previous year - someone should have stopped me from going but no one was really fit to make any decisions back then.

2017/2018 is what I’m looking to claim CPR for. I was still on this incorrect medication and far away from home, it began to really take a toll on my mind and resulted in such severe paranoia that I would get stabbed the second I left my flat that I secluded myself entirely, drew out maps of safest routes and thought up every plan to not get stabbed. I was depressed, losing weight rapidly and refusing to take the wrong medication any longer until my family stepped in and brought me home. I had a meeting with the mental health nurse in May, and was immediately sent to the consultant. I was absolutely unable to complete that year due to such poor mental health. I can get a doctors note confirming that I was unwell,
Visited mental health practitioners and was put on Haloperidol (anti psychotic) around the end of the year.

I am now on the correct medication and it’s like I can see through this horrible dog that’s plagued me for years; I remember what it was like to function now - and to make real andninformed decisions!

Due to the fact I have had to claim CPR once , will it affect my claim or lower my chances on getting the extra year? After so long of suffering I don’t want to watch my life go down the drain and give up on the real dream I’ve had that’s been hidden behind lack of capacity! (Imho)

Hi,

You can apply for CPR for as many years as you need. As long as you can provide a valid reason with evidence as to why you are wishing to gain a year of funding back, we can look in to awarding this for you.

Thanks, Duncan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending