The Student Room Group

GIRLS...do you expect the guy to make the first move?

And if you are in a relationship did you make the first move or him? Just want to see how common/uncommon it is

Scroll to see replies

:lol: My girlfriend wouldn't approve if I were into the opposite sex.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
And if you are in a relationship did you make the first move or him? Just want to see how common/uncommon it is

He did but I wouldn’t always expect a guy to make the first move. Mainly because I don’t think I ever would myself lol. So I don’t expect anyone else to
(edited 3 years ago)
She would need to outright tell me if she was interested before I make the first move.
Reply 4
I would strategically position myself in a way that he thinks he moved to me when in reality I moved to him 😉
Original post by Ten-Ten
I would strategically position myself in a way that he thinks he moved to me when in reality I moved to him 😉

Quite mastermind like.
I like it.😊
Not in a relationship, but I really don’t mind either way. Like I’m quite shy so it’s really not obvious if I like someone, but I also understand the guy could be equally shy, so it depends on the situation really.
don't mind either way.
Yes.
I'm single now but every ex bf made the first move.
Even the blind-date from hell whose mother made him call me to ask for another date because she wanted to see me again. :facepalm:
as i girl i prefer making the move since most guys im interested in are shy and dont really have the confidence to make moves so i dont mind doin it. its annoying how so many girls feel like men should always initiate everything, wether that's a conversation or the first to confess your feelings, i feel like its alot of pressure on guys, and id gladly just make the move 😇
No if I like him I’ll approach him first unless he beats me to it. My boyfriend approached me first but I didn’t know even notice that he did when he told me 😂 Bless him
I don’t expect them to do anything but of course it would be nice as I’m very shy
Reply 12
Honestly, I would say male or female, if you have feelings for someone say it. Asking someone out is nothing to be ashamed of but be prepared they might say no. I asked a friend out he said no, we were both mature enough to carry on with life, we're still great friends. On the other hand, I had a guy interested in me but never say anything, it got unbearable and in the end, I said look I'm sorry if you like me but I'm not interested, I hope we can still be friends, he never spoke to me again...
Well when my bf and I first met we weren’t expecting a relationship or flirting but then after a few times of talking to each other. I started to like him and made it fairly obviously that I liked him and he said that he liked me too. But then we were basically together for like a month without being officially together and he basically was saying we were in a relationship without asking me lol. So I was like no u have to ask me and then he asked me to be his gf so we’ve been together 6 months.
Been waiting for you to make a move, before I make a move :tongue:
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.
I'm single now but every ex bf made the first move.
Even the blind-date from hell whose mother made him call me to ask for another date because she wanted to see me again. :facepalm:

Hahahaha that cant be real
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Hahahaha that cant be real

He's in the habit of bringing his mother on dates.
Forgot his wallet and asked me to pay plus loan his extra cash but remembered to bring his mummy along.:rolleyes:
I don't wait for the other person to make the first move. There's too high a chance it's never going to happen.

I made the first move with my current partner (and many previous partners).
Call me old fashioned, but yes I would expect the man, to make the first move.
I've had a number make a 'first move' on me. I just wasn't ready, and nothing came from most of it. I'm a guy by the way.

By 'first move'... I mean like, their body language was very suggestive, though they didn't exactly throw themselves snogging at me. Some grabbed my arm. Poked my kidneys from behind (Ffs don't ever do that, I have reflexes). One even stalked me, recently : / (on this site, lol). Others tried to get me drunk at gatherings.

I'm just not a 'fling' type of person, and wasn't ready for a relationship either in most cases. I wasn't ready to settle or risk holding myself back in any way. Most of them certainly weren't 'fling' types either. Most were nice. Except the for the kidney vampires. Some were just opportunists though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending