The Student Room Group

Cannot Sleep at all ffs

The title. Really really annoying cos i have a job from 9-5. Ffs😭
Original post by Anonymous
The title. Really really annoying cos i have a job from 9-5. Ffs😭

maybe get a checkup, you might have chronic insomnia. Avoid drinking any caffine before 6pm. Don't use any device once in bed, and if you do, make sure the brightness is really low, as the bright harsh light can trigger your body thinking its day. Similarly make sure your lights around your house stay dim a few hours before sleeping so your body understands its night time. Maybe do some meditation before bed time to relieve yourself of any stress. Don't exercise before sleeping cause that makes your brain active causing you to stay awake longer. Drink a hot drink like heated milk or green tea, that causes your brain to feel somewhat sleepy. And lastly if say none of these work, and you decide to get a checkup you might be given melatonin gummies which produce melatonin in your brain allowing you to feel sleepy. Good luck!
You legend! I'll try all those for sure. Hopefully it works fml.
Original post by psychstudent2625
maybe get a checkup, you might have chronic insomnia. Avoid drinking any caffine before 6pm. Don't use any device once in bed, and if you do, make sure the brightness is really low, as the bright harsh light can trigger your body thinking its day. Similarly make sure your lights around your house stay dim a few hours before sleeping so your body understands its night time. Maybe do some meditation before bed time to relieve yourself of any stress. Don't exercise before sleeping cause that makes your brain active causing you to stay awake longer. Drink a hot drink like heated milk or green tea, that causes your brain to feel somewhat sleepy. And lastly if say none of these work, and you decide to get a checkup you might be given melatonin gummies which produce melatonin in your brain allowing you to feel sleepy. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest