The Student Room Group

Help needed on applying under compelling reasons

Hi

I would really like some advise on what options are actually available to me for future funding. I started uni in 2015 on first year due to medical issues I didn't get to finish 2 modules from my first year. I was however aloud to progress on to my second year trailing these two modules on the condition I had them completed by a certain time which was during the first semester in my second year which started Oct 2016. Now my health started to decline and I was unable to have these 2 trailed modules finished along with all my 2nd year modules. So I withdraw from uni. I decided I would re study the 2 modules on there own at a later date. (which I am considering doing this Sept) Now I am confused as to what finance options are open to me? I know students get 3 years plus one year funding. I already lost 1 year about 6 years ago as I started a degree but soon came to realise my chosen subject wasn't for me so I left. I started a new course which I really like but had to leave due to medical reasons. I know I technically have 1 years of funding left but I know I can apply to have my 2nd year re funded under compelling reasons. but I need to re study two 20 credit modules in order to progress onto my second year. My family are willing to pay out of there own pocket for the 2 modules which cost £1500 for both. But my family has had a change in there financial situation recently. Would it be possible to apply to sfe not just to refund my 2nd year again due to medical reasons but also to fund part time study of the two modules that I need in order to start my 2nd year from a fresh?

Thanks

Andy
Hi Andy1987,

You are right in saying that you would have one years entitlement for future full time study based on having three years previous study.

If you wanted to repeat the two modules part time you would be able to get your fees paid if you studied part time. We wouldn't take into account your previous study if you changed to study part time because you didn't gain a qualification from your full time study. You can only apply for a Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) for part time study. You can apply via your online account or on a paper PTL1 form.

If after catching up with the two modules you wanted to change to full time study to go back for example to repeat the second year of a three year course then you could submit Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) evidence for this. You would normally send us the evidence for this after you have submitted your full time application for returning to your course.

If CPR is accepted you would be able to apply for full funding for your second year which woulds you would get your Tuition Fees paid. You would also have your one year entitlement remaining for applying for full funding for your final year.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending