The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Girls are meant to have long hair not guys
Plenty of women like men with long hair. If you've long hair and can't find girls go to a metal gig - you'll have no problems there.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
why
I guess because long hair is a stereotypically feminine trait, which straight women won't generally be attracted to.
Reply 5
Original post by sinfonietta
Plenty of women like men with long hair. If you've long hair and can't find girls go to a metal gig - you'll have no problems there.

they're probably gonna like straight, long hair and my look is different.
Reply 6
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I guess because long hair is a stereotypically feminine trait, which straight women won't generally be attracted to.

im actually thinking of younger women here, not 60 year old grandmas

don't most women reject the stereotypes associated with "traditional" femininity?
Original post by Anonymous
im actually thinking of younger women here, not 60 year old grandmas

As was I.

don't most women reject the stereotypes associated with "traditional" femininity?

I don't think so. In any case, attraction is usually formed early on in life and is thus generally not controllable as an adult. For example, as a straight man I simply am not attracted to women with hairy armpits and legs, because these are masculine traits. Women can of course choose to not shave, but in this example they can't expect to be found attractive by everyone.

And I guess it's a similar story for straight women, if they've grown up surrounded by mostly short-haired men, it's probably inevitable that their attraction towards a long-haired man will be less than to a short-haired one.
I’m a girl, idk care bout the hair as long as it’s clean. And the personality is bomb.
Reply 9
As was I.

I don't think so. In any case, attraction is usually formed early on in life and is thus generally not controllable as an adult. For example, as a straight man I simply am not attracted to women with hairy armpits and legs, because these are masculine traits. Women can of course choose to not shave, but in this example they can't expect to be found attractive by everyone.

And I guess it's a similar story for straight women, if they've grown up surrounded by mostly short-haired men, it's probably inevitable that their attraction towards a long-haired man will be less than to a short-haired one.

if that were true, most women would want to become housewives and homemakers but they don't anymore because we evolve ... even culturally
Original post by shehnaaz
I’m a girl, idk care bout the hair as long as it’s clean. And the personality is bomb.

ok im just interested in whether anyone actually likes it ? being neutral is not the same
As was I.

But what makes those masculine traits? And what makes long hair feminine traits?
ok im just interested in whether anyone actually likes it ? being neutral is not the same

I like it, yes. Personal opinion nobody @ me
Reply 13
i've never heard of this before but i guess it depends what you mean by 'long'. i often find guys with long hair attractive, but not longer than shoulder-length, although i make the exception for Jason Momoa.
Original post by shehnaaz
I like it, yes. Personal opinion nobody @ me

why would anyone @ you about it? it's not shameful to like long hair on boys
Idk, I find long-haired men quite hot.
It's really to do with stereotype. People aren't used to seeing men with long hair. It's also to do with culture. Japan used to have many men with long hair.
And have you seen the elves in Lord of the Rings? I mean, come on - how is that not cool?
Original post by Joleee
i've never heard of this before but i guess it depends what you mean by 'long'. i often find guys with long hair attractive, but not longer than shoulder-length, although i make the exception for Jason Momoa.

srs? never heard of that before?? i can find posts on this very site about it.

yeah i mean kurt cobain length, not jason momoa. Momoa's hair is extremely rare almost nobody has hair that long except a few metalheads :biggrin:
Some girls love guys with long hair. Some guys it just doesn't suit. Jake Kiszka is one of the most attractive guys to me, and he has long hair, but it suits him.
if that were true, most women would want to become housewives and homemakers but they don't anymore because we evolve ... even culturally

I’m talking about physical attributes, not jobs. Most women still have long hair and will wear dresses, make up etc.
But what makes those masculine traits? And what makes long hair feminine traits?

They’re traits we’ve decided to be masculine and feminine, reinforced by hundreds if not thousands of years.

Latest

Trending

Trending