The Student Room Group

UCAS 'false start'/Scotland's 4 years

I dropped out last year and am set to go university again next September - I'm aware the 'false start' scheme of funding means I'll have 4 years of funding available to cover one year if I dropped out - as I have applied to university in Scotland, and their courses last 4 years anyways, does this mean I will not be entitled to funding in the last year, or how would that work?
Original post by Floatins
I dropped out last year and am set to go university again next September - I'm aware the 'false start' scheme of funding means I'll have 4 years of funding available to cover one year if I dropped out - as I have applied to university in Scotland, and their courses last 4 years anyways, does this mean I will not be entitled to funding in the last year, or how would that work?

Funding isn’t capped at 4 years. It’s based on the length of your new course plus a gift year. You’ll be funded for all 4 years of a new degree.
Original post by Floatins

Hi, we do a calculation to work out the amount of years left of funding you can receive. the calculation is the below:

Length of new course + 1 previous study years = years of funding left

I hope this helps, Aaron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending