The Student Room Group

Is so much easier for a man to have an attractive body..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samir12
True but if we compare both high standards, Guys will still have to do a lot more work to build muscle than girls having to lose weight. Not saying girls have it easy but guys do in general have it harder, guys will also have to burn fat to get the muscles showing,

But imagine exerting yourself whilst denying yourself of food. For my body to look good I have to do weights at the gym and run for 45 mins on next to nothing. At least you can eat a slice of pizza or a sandwich without ruining your figure.
Original post by Chihiro95
But imagine exerting yourself whilst denying yourself of food. For my body to look good I have to do weights at the gym and run for 45 mins on next to nothing. At least you can eat a slice of pizza or a sandwich without ruining your figure.

You should be able to eat at least 1,500 calories, more if you're not trying to lose weight, so there's no reason why you should eat nothing
Reply 142
Your argument for not getting big breasts, is my argument for that some guy can't get big penis's unlike others who can have a large one, much like some women have large breasts.
Each sex has its inherent 'issues'. We just need to deal with it.

It's all a matter of opinion anyway, so there's no definitive answer as to what is 'attractive' and what isn't.
Reply 144

You can eat high carb foods with low fat. You are talking like you cannot eat anything at all, like the poster above said you should still eat a certain amount. And no, guys cannot just eat a slice of pizza, its unhealthy and not good for building muscle.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
You should be able to eat at least 1,500 calories, more if you're not trying to lose weight, so there's no reason why you should eat nothing

That may have worked for me when I was a bit larger but not so much now. According to myfitnesspal I should eat around 2000 calories to maintain but I always end up feeling like I've gained so on a good day I eat around 1000.
Original post by samir12
You can eat high carb foods with low fat. You are talking like you cannot eat anything at all, like the poster above said you should still eat a certain amount. And no, guys cannot just eat a slice of pizza, its unhealthy and not good for building muscle.

Sounds great in theory but not in practice for some people. I should eat at least 2000 to maintain but it always ends with me gaining unless I've done a ridiculous amount of exercise.
Reply 147
Sounds great in theory but not in practice for some people. I should eat at least 2000 to maintain but it always ends with me gaining unless I've done a ridiculous amount of exercise.

I agree, some people find it harder, I'm a skinny guy and its really tough for me to gain weight, I have to do ridiculous amount of weight lifting and eat a lot consistently to gain weight, otherwise I'll just make losses. I don't tend to follow websites on how much to eat, I sort of listen to my body.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JimmyGatz
woman don't get gynecomastia..

Ugh, this.
Who said you need to do that? Eat a normal healthy diet, do some cardio and lift some weights. No one said anything about denying yourself food. That does not give you a good body.

Girls usually have a body that's attractive to guys without exercise. Guys have to lift weights or do a similar intense exercise and stick with this for several years.
(edited 10 years ago)
Men do have it easy they don't have periods cramps pms go through labour get there heart broke half as bad as the girl does or worry about getting fat the list goes on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweetsammy
Men do have it easy they don't have periods cramps pms go through labour get there heart broke half as bad as the girl does or worry about getting fat the list goes on

Posted from TSR Mobile

How you generalise all men as being susceptible from getting their heart-broken as much as women?
Original post by pinda.college
How you generalise all men as being susceptible from getting their heart-broken as much as women?

Because men tend to go off to other women within a week and not bat a eyelid while the girl cries for weeks and probably doesn't ever get over it don't get me wrong a lot of women can be the same but most women are sensitive and hurt alot the guy might hurt but the woman hurts 10 times more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because men tend to go off to other women within a week and not bat a eyelid while the girl cries for weeks and probably doesn't ever get over it don't get me wrong a lot of women can be the same but most women are sensitive and hurt alot the guy might hurt but the woman hurts 10 times more

Posted from TSR Mobile
No there are plenty of women who dump men, don't give a seconds thought to him and move onto another man. Or they cheat when they're in relationships. There are many women these days who act like a stereotypical man (loud, rude, cheating, drinks a lot, doesn't care about others' feelings etc.). Go to any nightclub and it's full of these types of women.
Original post by Bassetts
No there are plenty of women who dump men, don't give a seconds thought to him and move onto another man. Or they cheat when they're in relationships. There are many women these days who act like a stereotypical man (loud, rude, cheating, drinks a lot, doesn't care about others' feelings etc.). Go to any nightclub and it's full of these types of women.

Yeah i know there is a lot of whores out there but im not like that at all i don't believe in going from guy to guy if anything i like to be loved and i treat guys with respect there are a lot of loving girls like me out there just men cant handle that for so long which is to why they run off and regret it later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
it is quite hard for skinny men to put on weight
Yeah i know there is a lot of whores out there but im not like that at all i don't believe in going from guy to guy if anything i like to be loved and i treat guys with respect there are a lot of loving girls like me out there just men cant handle that for so long which is to why they run off and regret it later

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great that you're not like that, however there are many women who are like that. Women are just as selfish and heartless as men. In fact from my experience, they are more selfish and heartless than men.
I think theres more pressure on men to have money tbh.

Even if women aren't gold diggers, we're still expected to pay for dates and stuff. And dnt try tell me u dnt, that trick wont work lol
I personally think this is an erroneous view.

Men are obliged to have a lower body fat percentage to look "acceptable". In every fable, tome and story, the perfect male form is powerful, structured, sculpted with a chisel-like detail to his features.

Having experienced both ends of the spectrum, both overweight and fatally underweight, I can state that this is not achievable for some men genetically. I am now nine and a half stones, and have been as low as six and a half stones (through a terrifyingly gripping mental disorder). Though I continuously exercised, I was not able to "sculpt" myself as some men can. This is simply a genetic ideal.

Remember that up until this century the "ideal" frame for a woman was voluptuous, curved and stocky, to indicate they were fertile and energetic. It's only through a very strict mental conditioning nowadays that women seem to believe they should be a size 10; this is literally only 80-90 years old as a tenet and birthed through propaganda and media pressure.

Humans have been in existence for a significant amount of time now, and in all diagrams the males are depicted as incredibly fatless, sculpted muscular statuesque hunters, whilst the women is depicted as an hourglass, beautiful symbol of fertility.

I would say that nowadays, the burden is equal, but not in a good way. Especially not given the circumstances of real life. Men do not have to spear boars any longer; rather their hunter instinct is to shepherd formulae into excel spreadsheets in their office jobs. To expect they'd have a hunter's physique from this level of exertion is pretty much insanity. The only reason a male would appear this way is through the artificial change of his body type (ie, over-exerting at the gym). In the same breath, this notion a woman should be skinny is COMPLETELY counter-productive to who she is as a person, an organism; a WOMAN - the entire point of being a woman is to be an emotional, caring, nurturing individual with the ability to bear another human with all the love and nourishment her body can handle.

I think if we're being traditional - based around human history up until the last century - the man's physique is more difficult to maintain, but only judged by contemporary standards.

But if we're judging solely on what the media SAYS is sexy, then both ideals are pretty much absurd.
Reply 159
Some of these posts are plain ****ing stupid... :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest