The Student Room Group

SFE EU Student

Hi, I'm a EUStudent with pre-settled status applying for a tuition fee loan by post. Is the EU21N form the only document I'll need to send? Because there's also another form on the website for EU students called "Tuition fee loan request form 2021-2022", and I'm not sure if I need to fill that form too, especially considering that the same information is asked in the EU21N form. Many thanks in advance for your help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by schianta
Hi, I'm a EUStudent with pre-settled status applying for a tuition fee loan by post. Is the EU21N form the only document I'll need to send? Because there's also another form on the website for EU students called "Tuition fee loan request form 2021-2022", and I'm not sure if I need to fill that form too, especially considering that the same information is asked in the EU21N form. Many thanks in advance for your help

Hi Schianta, only the EU21N form needs to be sent as long as you write your settled status share code inside the form.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Schianta, only the EU21N form needs to be sent as long as you write your settled status share code inside the form.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac, thanks for your reply. I've just applied for SFE by post for my ITT course and I don't have an online account, should I expect to receive a letter or an email or something to find out if my request has been approved? Thanks in advance
Hi Isaac, thanks for your reply. I've just applied for SFE by post for my ITT course and I don't have an online account, should I expect to receive a letter or an email or something to find out if my request has been approved? Thanks in advance

Did you apply to SFE or did you complete the EU21N form?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Did you apply to SFE or did you complete the EU21N form?
Thanks, Isaac

Sorry, I completed the EU21N form.
Sorry, I completed the EU21N form.

Please keep an eye on your online account, an entitlement letter will appear in the 'letters and emails' section once you have been approved.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Please keep an eye on your online account, an entitlement letter will appear in the 'letters and emails' section once you have been approved.
Thanks, Isaac

But I don't have an online account? I applied by post and this is my first time applying
But I don't have an online account? I applied by post and this is my first time applying

In that case, once we receive your application - we will create an account for you. We will then send you a letter in the post with your account details and you will then be able to keep an eye on your application.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 8
In that case, once we receive your application - we will create an account for you. We will then send you a letter in the post with your account details and you will then be able to keep an eye on your application.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac, thanks for your reply. I sent the EU21N form by post last Thursday, and I'm applying from Italy. Assuming it got to the UK today, do you know how long should I wait to hear back from SFE?
Hi Isaac, thanks for your reply. I sent the EU21N form by post last Thursday, and I'm applying from Italy. Assuming it got to the UK today, do you know how long should I wait to hear back from SFE?

Please allow up to 6 weeks and if you don't have any update after 6 weeks you should contact us.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 10
Please allow up to 6 weeks and if you don't have any update after 6 weeks you should contact us.
Thanks, Isaac

Ok thank you, so there shouldn't be any problem in sending me a reply by post even if I'm in Italy, right?
Ok thank you, so there shouldn't be any problem in sending me a reply by post even if I'm in Italy, right?

Well, there should be no problem but that depends on the courier and what service you paid for. A tracked service is more expensive but more secure.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 12
Well, there should be no problem but that depends on the courier and what service you paid for. A tracked service is more expensive but more secure.
Thanks, Isaac

Sorry Isaac, but I've only paid to send my form from Italy to the UK, not for the service back? Is that not Student Finance's duty?
Sorry Isaac, but I've only paid to send my form from Italy to the UK, not for the service back? Is that not Student Finance's duty?

I don't understand your message sorry.
We don't return your form to you. If you sent us ID then we will pay the postage to return your ID, however you did not need to send us any ID if you wrote your share code on the form.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 14
I don't understand your message sorry.
We don't return your form to you. If you sent us ID then we will pay the postage to return your ID, however you did not need to send us any ID if you wrote your share code on the form.

Thanks, Isaac

The question I asked you yesterday was "Will you have any problems in sending me this letter with my online account details on, considering the fact that I'm in Italy and not in the UK?", and you said it depends on what service I've paid for, hence why I stated that I've only paid for the forms I sent to the UK and not for the reply back! Sorry for the misunderstanding, I presume you shouldn't have any problems
The question I asked you yesterday was "Will you have any problems in sending me this letter with my online account details on, considering the fact that I'm in Italy and not in the UK?", and you said it depends on what service I've paid for, hence why I stated that I've only paid for the forms I sent to the UK and not for the reply back! Sorry for the misunderstanding, I presume you shouldn't have any problems

Oh sorry, I've just read back the conversation and I think I mis read what you wrote, oops :biggrin: I read your message as if you were asking about there being no problems about you sending your documents from Italy, so I replied about it depends on how you sent your documents.

My apologies. There is no problem with us sending you the letter in the post to Italy. From past experiences I have known that sometimes students have not received the letter. So if you don't receive any letter within 6 weeks then you should contact us.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 16
Oh sorry, I've just read back the conversation and I think I mis read what you wrote, oops :biggrin: I read your message as if you were asking about there being no problems about you sending your documents from Italy, so I replied about it depends on how you sent your documents.

My apologies. There is no problem with us sending you the letter in the post to Italy. From past experiences I have known that sometimes students have not received the letter. So if you don't receive any letter within 6 weeks then you should contact us.
Thanks, Isaac

No worries Isaac :smile: Thanks for your help!
Reply 17
No worries Isaac :smile: Thanks for your help!

Thanks, Isaac

One last thing: is there a way to find out if you've received my form? Like, could you send me an email or something? It would be really annoying if I had to wait 6 weeks to then find out you never got the forms in the first place! I sent the form with a fast-track service, which unfortunately cannot be tracked.
One last thing: is there a way to find out if you've received my form? Like, could you send me an email or something? It would be really annoying if I had to wait 6 weeks to then find out you never got the forms in the first place! I sent the form with a fast-track service, which unfortunately cannot be tracked.

We do sometimes send an email which would be to the email address on your account but I can't guarantee that will happen.

If you feel worried or want re assurance that we have your form then you can call us https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england and if you provide your personal details the advisor can search to see if any account has been created yet. If they can't find your account then it means either the form hasn't arrived yet or it hasn't been data entered. As you posted the form last Thursday, I'd wait until around the 27th before calling to check this.

We are able to help via Facebook and Twitter too however you would need to know your account details before contacting us on these channels, so you will need to call until you are provided with your account details.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 19
We do sometimes send an email which would be to the email address on your account but I can't guarantee that will happen.

If you feel worried or want re assurance that we have your form then you can call us https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england and if you provide your personal details the advisor can search to see if any account has been created yet. If they can't find your account then it means either the form hasn't arrived yet or it hasn't been data entered. As you posted the form last Thursday, I'd wait until around the 27th before calling to check this.

We are able to help via Facebook and Twitter too however you would need to know your account details before contacting us on these channels, so you will need to call until you are provided with your account details.
Thanks, Isaac

That's really helpful Isaac, thank you very much! Have a nice day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending