The Student Room Group

Tuition fee eligibility ref previous study

Hello Mark,

I am just looking for some clarification on the rules surrounding previous study with reference to tuition fee loan eligibility.
I am in a relatively unique position in that I left the Army 2 years ago and am currently studying part time with the OU, come this September I will have completed 60 credits worth of modules with a view to complete another 60 by the following September (still part time) giving me 120 credits total. The funding for this has been through a joint military-government venture known as the ELC PF FE/HE funding scheme.
Now my current personal circumstances have dictated I can now go back to University full time, it is my intention to apply to full time domestic universities via UCAS for the 2015 intake. My OU studies and subsequent credits I have achieved will serve to strengthen my application no end. However I am concerned about the Tuition fee loan criteria, from my own research I believe I will be entitled to the full tuition fee funding as my OU credits will not count as a stand alone ELQ and as I was studying part-time and going into my first full time undergraduate study programme, I read that my previous 2 years part-time study at 'HE' will be discounted.
This is obviously a pre-emptive strike as I don't want to apply for funding in the new year to have it rejected and all my plans be laid to waste.
To this end any clarification/information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending