The Student Room Group

SFE Estrangement Application

Hi guys,

I'm a first-year university student at the University of Bristol that hasn't had any contact with their parents for the last 8 months (except for one necessary case explained later on which my third party was fully aware of). I applied for estrangement using the confirmation of estrangement form that both my third party and I filled out. I received an email yesterday saying that I was declined independent status because of contact with my parents and I realised my third party didn't fully explain the reason for the single instance of contact with my parents and didn't include a letter that fully explains why the contact was made.

I have a really strong case for being estranged since the financial office of my university has given me a bursary on the case of being estranged and are fully aware of my situation and have said I have a strong case.

My question is what should I do next? Should I resend the confirmation of estrangement form with the letter from my third party explaining the situation or should I use an SFE appeals form instead to appeal for the estrangement case with the letter from the third party and the original confirmation of estrangement form as evidence?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Gran
Original post by deathlord03
Hi guys,

I'm a first-year university student at the University of Bristol that hasn't had any contact with their parents for the last 8 months (except for one necessary case explained later on which my third party was fully aware of). I applied for estrangement using the confirmation of estrangement form that both my third party and I filled out. I received an email yesterday saying that I was declined independent status because of contact with my parents and I realised my third party didn't fully explain the reason for the single instance of contact with my parents and didn't include a letter that fully explains why the contact was made.

I have a really strong case for being estranged since the financial office of my university has given me a bursary on the case of being estranged and are fully aware of my situation and have said I have a strong case.

My question is what should I do next? Should I resend the confirmation of estrangement form with the letter from my third party explaining the situation or should I use an SFE appeals form instead to appeal for the estrangement case with the letter from the third party and the original confirmation of estrangement form as evidence?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Gran

Hi Gran,
If you have further independent evidence then you can send this in and the assessors will review, if you have no further evidence and disagree with the assessors decision then you can submit an appeal and explain why you think the assessor is wrong.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending