The Student Room Group

CPR application: questions

Hi there I have some questions regarding the compelling personal reasons application for next academic year 2023/2024. I interrupted my studies due to mental health

When can I start applying for student finance/CPR?

What evidence do I need. I currently have a GP letter which explains why I couldn't carry on university at the time, confirmed the difficulties I had and how long they had been going on for. Is this sufficient?

Also, it says that I need to send a letter to SFE with the appropriate evidence. Do I have to mail this? Or can I send this by email

Thank you
Original post by theendisnear
Hi there I have some questions regarding the compelling personal reasons application for next academic year 2023/2024. I interrupted my studies due to mental health

When can I start applying for student finance/CPR?

What evidence do I need. I currently have a GP letter which explains why I couldn't carry on university at the time, confirmed the difficulties I had and how long they had been going on for. Is this sufficient?

Also, it says that I need to send a letter to SFE with the appropriate evidence. Do I have to mail this? Or can I send this by email

Thank you

Hi there,

Application for full time undergraduate are open now for 23/24. Part time won't open till later in the year. Once you have applied, send the details CPR with a covering letter explaining why you're sending it along with your name and customer reference number.

The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know what the CPR is, how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Application for full time undergraduate are open now for 23/24. Part time won't open till later in the year. Once you have applied, send the details CPR with a covering letter explaining why you're sending it along with your name and customer reference number.

The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know what the CPR is, how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Thanks for the reply Claire,
I am also getting a letter from my university personal tutor as well, what details does he need to include in the letter?
Thanks
Original post by theendisnear
Thanks for the reply Claire,
I am also getting a letter from my university personal tutor as well, what details does he need to include in the letter?
Thanks

Hi there, you can find out more information on the evidence requirements here: : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending