The Student Room Group

SFE will fund two years, but only the final two

Hello,
I've received notice that SFE will provide me with two years of tuition fee funding (i previously studied earlier for two years) but they will only fund my final two years. I had hoped this wouldn't be an issue and that I could self-fund for my first year, but I have recently lost my job as my place of work shut down over the lock down period, leaving me in a state of relative financial hardship.

Is there no way, given the relatively significant extenuating circumstances of the past few months, that I might be able to have my years of funding swapped, such that my first year is SLE-funded and my third year of study is self-funded? Given two years of working around my degree I could relatively easily fund my third year, especially if I took the year in industry option that the university offers - as I intended to do - to help fund it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.
Original post by jw231
Hello,
I've received notice that SFE will provide me with two years of tuition fee funding (i previously studied earlier for two years) but they will only fund my final two years. I had hoped this wouldn't be an issue and that I could self-fund for my first year, but I have recently lost my job as my place of work shut down over the lock down period, leaving me in a state of relative financial hardship.

Is there no way, given the relatively significant extenuating circumstances of the past few months, that I might be able to have my years of funding swapped, such that my first year is SLE-funded and my third year of study is self-funded? Given two years of working around my degree I could relatively easily fund my third year, especially if I took the year in industry option that the university offers - as I intended to do - to help fund it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

No because SFE need to see you are committed to the course. If they provided funding for the first two years then you could take the two years of funding and then quit after receiving the funding.

You will have to self fund the first year unless you have compelling personal reasons and can provide evidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending